How to Turn your Windows 10 PC into a WiFi Hotspot?
If you are techie person then it will be the simple and straightforward procedure for you to follow however in other case you may need help your computer support service.
First, you will need to check if your wireless adaptor supports Hosted Networks option in Windows 10.
Although most of the wireless adaptor that is available nowadays support it, you should first verify it by using the following command.
"NETSH WLAN show drivers"
You will need to write it in command prompt. To open a command prompt you can write cmd.exe in the search bar. You should look for its output if it shows "Hosted network supported: Yes" Then you can further continue with setting up your PC as Wi-Fi hotspot. If not you may use USB wireless adapter that supports this option.
Create Wireless Hosted Network in Windows 10.After verifying that your wireless adaptor supports hosted network, you can now proceed with it. Fortunately, it is pretty straightforward. You must not be scared of using the command line, simply follow these steps to configure the network.
Open Command Prompt (Admin) you must write following command.
"NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase"
Here SSID will be the name that you want to give to your wireless network and Passphrase is the network security key that you want to set up for users to connect to the network. (Remember, this Passphrase or security key should be at least 8 characters in length)
Now your Hosted Network is created, the next step is to enter the following command to activate it.
" NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork "
With this command your Hosted Wireless Network will become active however in addition to that you should also share your internet connection with this network in windows 10 so you can start using it right away.
Share your Internet Connection with Hosted NetworkUp till you share your internet connection, any of your wireless devices will not be able to access the internet. The last step before you start connecting your wireless devices with the network is that share the internet connection using internet connection sharing feature available in Windows 10.
- First press Windows Key + X on your keyboard. By pressing these shortcut keys you will be able to open Power user menu.
- After it has opened you will need to click on Network Connections.
- You must right-click the network adapter with an internet connection. This could be your Ethernet adaptor or wireless network. Here you must select
- Now Click on Sharing Tab to allow sharing of connection.
- There will be options here, check the Allow other network users to connect through this computer`s internet connection
- In-Home networking connection drop-down menu, you must select the Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adaptor.
- Click OK to finish.
Other important tips.
- To stop sharing an internet connection with other devices you will need to run following command.
- To start using it again at any time you use another variant of the same command as follows
- In addition to that you can disable or enable a wireless Hosted network with following commands.
Having difficulty in setting up your home wireless network? Call Whitehats support for personalized computer support service in Dubai