How to Fix Windows 10 Slow Boot & Restart Problems?
Most of the Windows 10 users who try to upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or simple windows 10 update commonly face one problem often that their PC takes too long while restarting, shut down or hibernate. It is a simple process that should not take more than few seconds, however, when it takes too long or even freeze during the process then you should do something about it. There can be a number of solutions to this problem that we have discussed here however if you feel it difficult to apply these solutions then you might need help from IT support service.At Whitehats, we provide personalized home computer support in Dubai for such problems where users are stuck with non-responding or sluggish operating system.For Windows 10 users who want to help themselves, here are few tips how to deal with this problem.
Fix 1. Unplug Peripherals Connected To Your Computer.Sometimes simply unplugging the peripherals connected to your PC may resolve the problem. This is due to driver conflicts between different hardware that makes it difficult for your computer to restart/shut down and hibernate.To resolve this problem.
- Unplug any connected peripherals such as USB drives, external hard drive, SSD drive etc. Only leave mouse and keyboard remain plugged in.
- Now restart your computer. If the problem is resolved then plug your peripherals back into your computer if not then you may need to update or install/reinstall your device drivers.
- To update/reinstall device drivers you will need to access Device Manager that is in control panel applet. You can simply write Device Manager in search and click the on it to open it.
- In “Device Manager” you will see the list of all hardware attached to your computer, Choose one category to expand, right click on the specific hardware driver and select update or uninstall from the drop-down menu. In Case you want to update the driver you will be asked to whether you want Windows to automatically search the suitable driver. Alternatively, you can browse and choose the file of a device driver. To download updated/latest device drivers you will have to download it from vendor`s website. You may also uninstall drivers by marking checkbox of “Delete the driver software for this device”. Then you will need to restart and windows will automatically install the driver for it.
Fix 2. End process of the failed program in Task Manager.If the problem is not resolved by unplugging or reinstalling and updating device drivers then you can try ending the process of failed programs in Task Manager. This solution especially works when your Windows 10 session gets stuck during system restart.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE button.
- After pressing these buttons your current restart screen will disappear replacing by Task Manager.
- Within Task Manager you will see the list of all the programs that failed to close.
- Click on the program the one is not responding and press “End the Process” button.
- It will recover you from this problem.
Fix 3. Run System Maintenance troubleshooter.Another solution to this problem can be automatically fixing the windows errors and other problems that may be slowing down the computer. This can be done by running system maintenance troubleshooter. Windows 10 Operating system comes with Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services (ATS) that allows you to automatically detect and fix a common maintenance problem that includes broken desktop shortcuts, unused icons, disk volume errors, and other system errors.
- You can access this service by searching, to do it press Windows Icon button on your keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the topmost result in a search bar.
- Then you will have to select view all from left side panel at the window.
- In the list option, you should select system maintenance in the list options, you must click on the advanced option and check “performs repairs automatically”.
- It will run the troubleshooter, wait for it to complete.
- After the process is complete you must check for any missing system components.
- Close the program and save changes and restart your computer.
Fix 4. Force-Power off Your Computer.It is one of the easiest ways out of the computer freeze problem. If your computer has taken too long to boot and you are still waiting for it start then you can press and hold the power button until the system turns off. Then you can turn it on again and see if your problem is resolved. This will not speed up your computer but in some cases, you can start using your computer to perform previously mentioned tasks. Therefore, it will temporarily solve your problem. If after restart your PC is still stuck in booting process you are only left with an option to restore your PC to the previous version of windows from system backup image. Otherwise, a whole new operating system installation is recommended.At Whitehats we perform all types of software installations in Dubai including the operating system. In case you need help from computer support service then you can contact us.
Fix 5. Rollback to the previous version of Windows.If nothing worked for you, as a last resort you can roll back to the previous version of operating system. It will in most cases resolve this problem. The easiest and straightforward way to restore your PC to previous version of the windows is to restore it from the backup image. Therefore you should never forget to have a backup of your system as it might help in such cases. There are many backup and recovery software available on the internet that can help you in creating an image of the system.
Need Professional help to set up or fix your Computer/Laptop? Whitehats provides top class personalized computer support service in Dubai.