How to Permanently Delete Files From Computer?
You might be interested in our earlier blog post " How to repair and recover word file"
The computer users who want to know the ways to make sure that deleted content/files cannot be recovered. Here are few measures that can be taken to protect data; regardless of either the user have a PC, a USB drive or external hard drive. Now the question is that how this all you can do?
What Data is not Recoverable?Rewrite data:The process includes at least one data cycle or data change, in which data is written in the memory. If once you rewrite your data on the drive, it is not possible to recover the deleted data.
Erased data:Once the erasing operation is done, the content/files will not be recovered by any type of recovery software. If you wipe the data from the hard disk 10 times, it becomes impossible to recover it by any recovery software.
Easy steps to delete Data or files permanently:The first step is erasing the data and then format the disk partition, then it will become impossible to recover the data again.
Step 1. (Erase the Data that you want to delete):The easiest and effective way is to use software to wipe or delete the files forever, like EaseUS Partition Master. It provides the feature to remove all the data permanently in windows 7/8/10. It completely wipes out all data and disk partitions on your hard drive by overwriting or changing the existing data with a new one.
- First of all, download the EaseUS Partition Master and install it on your PC, launch it. Select the drive or partition from which you want to delete files/Data.
- Select the Drive and choose the option of “Wipe data” on the main menu or right-click the hard drive and choose the option ”Wipe data”
- Now, Set the number of cycles, it indicates that the number of times you want to erase the disk. It is recommended that set to 10.
- Then click “OK”. If the drive comprises the system partition, the system failure occurs after wiping the drive.
Step 2. (To Prevent Files form recovery Format the Partition)In case, you prefer to wipe all the content or files on the PC instead of a few files, format the hard drive.
- Right-click on the partition.
- Choose the file format.
- Click Start.
- Open CCleaner, from the tab on the left select tools.
- Here select Drive Wiper option.
- It will show different options to select , the drive you want to wipe,
- Repeat the step once to ensure, the files are deleted.
How to securely delete files in Mac?In order to securely delete files especially in Mac OS X versions or later, you will need to use FileVault 2. It will entirely encrypt the disk that will definitely fully secure your deleted data.
- You must select system preferences and then security and privacy.
- From here click FileVault and then lock button.
- Enter your username and password, turn on FileVault.
- It is now safe to sell or hand over your computer to any one else.