How to Use eSIM in UAE?
With the yesterday`s release of iOS 12.1, the eSIM functionality on iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR is now enabled. This means from now onward you can use two mobile connections simultaneously on your iPhone. Etisalat is the first telecom operator in the region who has announced the support for eSIM in latest iPhones. Du has also started eSIM service from the end of October. The purpose of this article is help our readers understand how to use eSIM in UAE.
Either you are Etisalat or Du customer ,Let`s have a look what is eSIM and how you can activate it on your iPhone.
What is eSIM?
How might be interested in our earlier blog post “ How to use Botim App in UAE “?
Benefits of eSIM?
In addition to that, it allows you to use multiple mobile numbers on a single phone. There is no physical handling involved, add, delete, configure your mobile network connection from iPhone settings. Switch between private and business numbers quickly and easily while keeping both profiles separate.
Here is how to activate eSIM on your iPhone in UAE?
How to activate eSIM in UAE? (Etisalat and Du Customers)
Step 1. Register for eSIM at Etisalat or Du Outlet.Visit any Etisalat office , outlet or Du agents if you like and register the eSIM on your account.
Step 2. Get your QR code.After registration, you will need to get QR code that can either be generated using My Etisalat UAE mobile app or Du mobile App for older numbers or can be obtained from Etisalat representative or Du representative for a new numbers.
Please note that this QR code is important especially if you need to change the phone at a later stage, therefore never share it with anyone else.
Step 3. Scan your QR code on iPhone. For New Mobile Number. First, you should make your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR is updated with the latest release of iOS 12.1.
- Once you have got your QR code, you should scan it on iPhone. In order to scan you should
- Connect your iPhone with Internet (Wi-Fi)
- Once connected, Go to Setting>Cellular>Add Cellular Plan that will automatically launch the camera.
- Scan the iPhone QR code through the camera.
For Existing Mobile Phone Numbers.
Again the first thing is to update your iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and iPhone XS Max has updated iOS 12.1 version. You will need to generate QR code first. You can generate it by following these steps.
- First, insert your existing Physical SIM in your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the internet through WIFI.
- Log onto my Etisalat UAE app or Du mobile app. Here on dashboard choose “activate your SIM”. Click “Activate eSIM”. After this click, your Physical SIM will deactivate. Your QR code will be displayed on the screen. Share this QR code with another device as you will need to scan into your own iPhone.
- Now scan the QR code Go to Setting>Cellular>Add Cellular Plan that will automatically launch the camera.
- Scan the iPhone QR code through camera
How much does it Cost to Activate eSIM in UAE?
How deactivate eSIM and enable Physical SIM again?
Whitehats Support is leading Home IT support service in Dubai, UAE. We specialize in all type computer repairs, upgrade and troubleshooting. We also conduct on spot fixes for Apple Macbook, Macbook air, Apple MacBook Pro, IPad and other Apple devices. If you need IT support service to fix computer problems you can choose one of our IT support Packages like Onsite It support visit, Health Check for Pc, New Computer Laptop Setup, IT support for Apple and Mac device.