Forgot your Windows Password? Here is how to Fix it.
Here are your options that you can try to access your computer. One thing here can be problematic with so many different versions of Windows operating system in the market, the way you can gain access to your computer may vary to some extent. We have listed below few generic methods that you can try.
Accessing the computer as ‘Administrator’
Every Windows has hidden account named Administrator. In most cases, this account has no password reset already. It means you can use it to log in on to your computer. Once logged in you can change or delete password for any users through control panel that will resolve your problem. So here is how to do it with few simple steps.
- Reboot your computer and as it starts rebooting press F8 key repeatedly it will display the boot menu.
- With the arrow keys, choose Safe Mode and press the Enter Key.
- See home screen and click on Administrator.
- In case you see no home screen, you should type administrator and leave the password section as blank.
- Click on the Start menu at the bottom left corner, you should go into control panel and then in user accounts and change the user password easily.
Resetting Your Forgotten Windows Password.Although you may use windows password cracking tools that may allow you to crack passwords however as ordinary PC users it may not be easy for you, however, you may follow these steps if you have windows 7.
- Boot your computer with windows disk if you don’t have one you can make one. Once it`s booted you should choose the option “Repair your computer” option from the lower left corner.
- Follow all the steps until you get the option to open “Command Prompt”
- When opened you should write this command “copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\ “
- Then it will ask you the permission to overwrite and after you allow it will copy the new file into it.
- Now Reboot your PC.
- Now next step will be to reset your Password. When you see login screen after reboot you should hit the shift key 5 times and it will open up into administrator mode command prompt.
- Now you can reset your password, just type the command net user Username and Password and replace it with username and password combination of your choice.
- You can now login using your new set password.
- Now you can also put back your original sethc.exe file back into your windows that you can do by rebooting your computer into installation CD, and open the command prompt, copy the file c:\sethc.exe file back to c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe.